Ever since all of these storms have come about this year, we wanted to get ALL of our pics together. Ya know, in case we evacuate, we can just grab the boxes and be done with it. So, last weekend we went and bought 4 huge rubbermaid containers. We were supposed to get this task done last weekend, but we procrastinated and didn't get anything but the boxes bought and all of the pics pulled out of all of their nooks and cranny's.
This past weekend's task was to get our taxes completed (yes, something else we procrastinated on);) Well, R took Friday afternoon off and we got most of the taxes done. So, we finished them up Saturday morning (I really wanted a bigger refund, but I will take $76). Being the tax accountant and all, I just couldn't find anything else to write off, and believe me we looked and looked, but nothing was left.
L & I got to go get our hair done, WHOO HOO!!!! It had been since the first of June since we even got a hair cut (June 5th to be exact).
Then when we got home, we ate lunch and it was nap time, WHOO HOO!!!! Nap time means scrap time on the weekend!!! So, when the boys went down for a nap, I got to play and R started on the pics. By Sunday afternoon, he had gone through all of the pics and organized all of the pics into the 4 boxes. Right now they are just sorted by R's family and his kid pics and then a box of our family and then a box of L as a baby. Our next goal is to go through the boxes and organize them even better. We need to take some out of those old sticky albums and scan them, so we will have a copy of everything. I want to scrap R's family pics, but I dont' want to use the originals.
Also, by Sunday afternoon, I had gotten 7 LO's done. I know, I couldn't believe it either;) All of the pics used are at least 9 years old, most are older than that.
This first one L was 2 and we were in AR at R's grandma's house. R and Grandma have not changed a bit to this day, but L is growing into a beautiful young lady before our eyes. I actually got L into the act, she colored in the Grandma's house in the top left. She was into Club Penguin by the time I wanted to do the flowers at the bottom, so I had to color those:(
I used Sketches!{by tamara} #51 for this LO
This next one is one of my favorite pics of L. We were in Gatlinburn TN on vacation for the 4th of July one year and while I was doing my hair and such, R & L went outside and took this pic. We loved this pic so much, while going through the pics and organizing this weekend, we found 29 more copies of this pic, LOL! Seriously!
The LO is a scraplift challenge from here.
Oh you are going to love this next one. This was a couple of years after me and R got married (I think). My whole entire family went to Disney (you know our home away from home). We actually went to Universal Studios for a day and lo and behold walking out of a recording studio there was Vince Gill. Yes, that is me with those HUGE glasses on! And my mom is next to me with her HUGE glasses on, LOL!
I used Sketch This #65 for this LO
Ok, this next one was the same trip to AR. Wasn't L just the cutest little thing in her bathing suite? This pic was taken at Crowley's Ridge State Park.
I used Pink Sketch #5 for this one.
Now this next one, I could not figure out why I had a pic of me in this outfit. It was a hand me down from my sis, so why the big dealeo??? Well, after about an hour of trying to figure it out, I realized this is a pic of me seconds before we walked out of my parents house to get in the limo to go to my WEDDING!!!!!
I used Sketch this #61 here.
And this one is me outside ICS (a place me and R worked). Don't ask me why this pic was taken, it just was, so I had to scrap it to show at one time, I had red hair, and was skinny!
I used Color Throw down #10 on this.
And finally, the year after R and I were married we went to visit his grandma (it was my first meeting with her). R's mom and sis went with us. We went to Mammoth Springs AR to see the natural spring and the waterfall.
I used Got Sketch? #67here.
4 comments:
Dang girl...talk about a productive weekend. I don't see how you remembered all that..........not that you're old or anything:)
Wow...7 layouts! Sometimes that's all I do in a year. ;) Love that lift of Rhonda...you did a great job! :)
Ha! Perfect for the throwdown! I love the red car! Great layouts!
Wow! Talk about productive!!! Awesome job!
Post a Comment