Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The big C

Welp, the big C has hit our family again. My grandpa has been having problems with his back for quite some time now. He has been going to the chiropractor, but it has not been helping. So, the chiropractor said it was time to go see the doctor. So, he went Monday and they ordered an MRI and for my grandpa to go see a bone/back doctor. Upon looking at the MRI, both doctors ordered a pet scan. They said he definitely had a fractured disc, but there was an area around that disc that looked suspicious. So, yesterday he spent all day at the hospital (which for my grandpa is quite a feat because he gets irritated easily and leaves). They finally got the results and sure enough it is cancer. But the good news is it is localized in that one spot. And that it is very treatable. She mentioned radiation twice, but said that his doctor would determine the treatment plan.

The doctor said he has a very young brain which shows that he is smart. And boy howdy let me tell you my grandpa is smart! Just proves the test was right!!!

So, they have just called and ordered a bone biopsy tomorrow to determine what kind of cancer it is and how they are going to treat it.

Please pray that all goes well and he flies through this with flying colors. It scares me to death, because I remember my dad's death vividly and I don't want to see my grandpa go through the same thing.

Thank you and I will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Fink said...

I sure hope that everything goes well for your grandpa! I will look for an update but just in case keep us update to date at CX

Stampin' Meg said...

I am sorry to hear about your grnadpa ,Sherie.

wendyp said...

Sherie, I am so sorry. He'll be in my thoughts.