Monday, September 1, 2008

What a weekend!

First of all, we had Hurricane Gustav to deal with, UGH! So most of the weekend was preparing to get out of dodge if needed. Well, we decided about 2:00 yesterday afternoon not to go anywhere. In hindsite, I wish we would have went somewhere just to get out of here for a day. I hate wind... Actually I am terrified of it and this morning, we had tornado warning after tornado warning after tornado warning. As I type this, we are still having gusts of wind and rain, just not the tornado warnings anymore.

Well, while waiting on the washer or dryer or such as that I was able to play with some cards and layouts. My friends over at Creative Express hosted a spur of the moment cyber crop all weekend. They had Lots of great challenges! I was able to finish all but one of them. And the one was stamp embossing. Well, I pulled out my heat gun ready for action, but I cannot find my embossing powder anywhere. It could be that I threw it away out of frustration. Because I burned every thing I tried to emboss a few years back.

Oh, and L played with me some too! Here are her cards she created:



And



Didn't she do a great job! I am so proud of her!

Now here are mine:

This challenge was to make a shaped card and to use at least 3 buttons on it. This was not waht I intended but I just could not get my other idea to work. Once finished, I didn't like the card until I outlined the embossed design, Now I love this card!



This next challenge was to use eyelets. I have TONS of eyelets and I never use them on anything...Note to self, use more eyelets, I like the results! Also, my friend encouraged me to use this butterfly stamp. So, here it is:



This next challenge was to use 3 different ribbons. I also have tons of ribbon, but with this, I am trying to use more. I really like the effect when I use it.



CX has just picked its 2008-2008 DT, so one of the challenges was to "lift" a new DT member's work. So, here is the card I lifted. And here is the card I made. I went with a more masculine theme, because I have a man's birthday party to go to this week.



Now this challenge was to make your own pp. I have been wanting to go to wordle.net and try this out. My friend DeeDee hooked me up with this website. I just love this LO!



And that is all of the challenges I have done this weekend! I did get one other card made that didn't involve a challenge. And here it is:



I have joined an ATC swap and have the main part of those done. I just have to go shopping to get the rest of the embellies to finish them up(Oh darn)!

Oh, I can't wait till these feeder bands are done with this stupid hurricane!

Now, I see Hanna has turned into a Hurricane. My SC and GA friends, please keep and eye on this one and be careful. We also have another Tropical Depression to stress over too!

I am going to try to play a little more before this holday weekend is over. Hope you have had time to play too!

2 comments:

~dawne said...

WOW!! You & L did a great job w/those challenges. Love all your cards & I like how you used the eyelets w/the butterfly stamp:)

Stampin' Meg said...

Sorry about the missing embossing powder but your other projects turned out GREAT!