Sunday, October 5, 2008

WE PULLED IT OFF!!!!!!!

Ok, so you may not know what we pulled off, but it was the biggest secret we ever had to keep from the kids.

Ok, to start at the beginning... R applied for a new job a few months ago, and found out about 3 weeks ago that he got it!!!! YAY!!!! So, we had a week between his old job and his new one to do something. At first we were just going to stay at home and do nothing, but then he read in his new hire paperwork that he could take ANY vacation for 6 months. So, we were going to go see his grandma in Arkansas, but there wasn't a camping place with full hookups and if you have ever been camping for a week, you definitely need full hookups and cable;)

So, then we thought about going back to Destin for a week. Well, we checked and there were no available spots. So, R says well, I thought about calling Disney, what do you think? So, we called and we got a spot for the week ($40 a day, which is incredible for Disney)!!!

So, we didn't tell the kids, we told them we were going to go camping at the beach for the week. M was so excited! All he could talk about was going camping at the beach. L was as excited as she gets (if you know her, you know what I am talking about). So, for 3 weeks we couldn't say anything about it in front of the kids or we had to talk in code so they wouldn't understand.

The last couple of days L started asking me questions, so I thought she was getting suspicious.

So, we got up last Saturday morning and started heading out. Well, it only takes us 2 hours to get to Destin, so I figured for sure, L would start getting suspicious after 2 hours in the car, but she didn't.

Ok, so after we turned onto I-75 I just knew she was going to start saying something. I mean, you pass signs that say get you Disney tickets here cheap and stuff like that, but NADA! I kept looking at R like, when is she ever going to catch on???? Finally, I decided she knew, she just didn't want to say anything to give herself away. I even said something to R about her knowing and he kinda agreed.

Well, we pass through Gainesville and EVERY car around has Gator stuff on it. L says, there must be a Gator game around here, can we go? So, I just knew she knew.

So, we get down to the Turnpike and she sees the sign (left for Orlando and right for Tampa). She says, "I know we are not going, but I sure hope we turn left". And when we did, she got SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. She really didn't know we were going. She just thought it was taking us super long to get to Destin because M is potty training and he was having to stop so often for him.

We told her not to say anything to the other kids, so they could figure it out on their own.

Tomorrow I will share when M figured it out.

No comments: