Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just Checking In

It's been a few days since I checked in and a lot has happened.

My Aunt passed away Monday morning. This was a total SHOCK to me! She was just fine 2 weeks ago. Apparently, she had salmonella (I don't know if that is how you spell it or not), but she just couldn't get over it. She was full of life 2 weeks ago and now she is gone. But, I know she is gone to a better place in the sky and is probably fishing with my uncle and dad right now, or she is telling them how to fish the "right" way, LOL!

My niece turned 10 on Monday too!!!! Oh my gosh how old am I???? Happy belated birthday R!!!!!

And I have been totally and utterly consumed by this.


L has been begging me to either read the book or go see the movie. Well, I had heard the movie was not age appropriate for innocent 12 year olds, so I agreed to read the book and see if it was something that she could read. Well, I promised this like a month ago and finally broke down and bought the dang thing on Saturday. I started reading it Saturday night and finished it last night. Yep, that's 497 pages in 3 days. It is a VERY good read and there was nothing in it that my innocent child could not read. And if you know me, you know I am VERY picky about what she watches and reads.

I'm still not sure about the movie, but the book was good. Now, I can't wait to read the second one, although I told L that I would have to wait till after Christmas because I couldn't get so wrapped up in anything between now and then:)

I hope you have a great day, and am hoping to get in the scrap room tonight:) So check back in tomorrow to see if I was able to.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hey Lady! Glad you read the book. I was wondering about it for my girls...I will have to read it now! Miss you much!